from San Salvador Island, including Pharmacology and Oral Histories
Winner of Mary W. Klinger Book Award for outstanding book
of the year, by the Society for Ethnobotany.
The following are page previews of Bush Medicine of the Bahamas.
Excerpts are provided for viewing as PDFf files or as video.
- Front Cover
- Book Jacket (front, back, and inside) [small image]
- Book Jacket (front, back, and inside) [large image]
- Copyright page
- Table of Contents
- Foreword by Gary Paul Nabhan (2 pages)
- Foreword by Kathleen Maier (3 pages)
- Video of all color plates of medicinal plants (page by page video of 104 bush medicine plants)
- Chapter 3: Principles and Practices of Bush Medicine (first page of 7 pages)
- Chapter 5: Materia Medica - Medicinal Plants (first 6 pages of 177 pages)
- Glossary of Bahamian Dialect (first page of 3 pages)
- Index of Medicinal Plants According to Uses (partial first page of 5 pages)
- Index of Scientific Names (first page of 4 pages)
- Index of Common Names (first page of 11 pages)
- Subject Index (first page of 5 pages)
- References (first page of 11 pages)